Autoliv’s corporate governance is subject primarily to U.S. federal and state regulations as well as the rules and standards of the NYSE. In addition, the Company has Swedish Depository Receipts traded on the NASDAQ OMX. In compliance and conjunction with applicable government regulations and NYSE standards, the Company has approved the following guidelines and codes:
- Corporate Governance Guidelines
- Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Related-Person Transactions Policy
- Code of Conduct and Ethics for Directors
- Code of Conduct and Ethics for Senior Officers
These documents serve to assist the Board in the exercise of its responsibilities and creation of a culture of integrity, and reflect the Board’s commitment to monitor the effectiveness of policy and decision making both at the Board and management level. The Board views corporate governance as an integral part of the basic operations of the Company, with a view to supporting long-term sustainable growth in stockholder value. The Board and its committees will continue to evaluate the effectiveness and sufficiency of these policies, and will refine and improve them over time.
- Corporate Governance Guidelines - These guidelines are designed to strengthen the oversight of management by the Board of Directors, and to serve the long-term interest of both shareholders and employees.
- Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics - Autoliv has a proud tradition of maintaining the highest legal and ethical standards in the conduct of its various businesses. It is important that all employees, regardless of position or location, understand and continue that tradition.
- Related-Person Transactions Policy - The Company maintains a Related Person Transactions Policy consistent with recommended practices and standards.